I hope everyone had a great weekend. We got a lot done around here and it was nice to be able to spend some time with the family. Miss M is finally feeling better so she went back to school today, which means I got some lovely quiet time around the house today! Hooray!!
hdc-half double crochet
sl st-slip stitch
st or sts – stitch(es)
For this hat I used Red Heart Yarn and used a double strand pulling from each end with an H Hook. That hat will fit a newborn. If you need to make it bigger, simply add an increase row after row 4 until you reach the desired circumference, and then dc in each stitch down.
Here we go!
1. Create a magic ring.
2. Ch2, dc 8 in ring. sl st
3. Ch 2, 2dc in each st. sl st
4. Ch 2, *1 dc, 2dc in next* repeat to end. sl st
5. Ch 2, 1 dc in each, sl st.
6-8 Repeat row 5.
9. ch 2, 1 hdc in each, sl st.
10. fold hat in half with the seam in the back…where your hook is.
11. from middle of the front, count left 8 sts. place st marker in next to left, then count 16 to the right. place st marker in 17th st so you know where to stop your brim
12. finish off from the back and weave in tail
13. pull up loop next to the left stitch marker. ch 2, dc in each to right before st marker
14. ch 2, dc2tog, dc in each to last 2 sts, dc2tog.
15. change colors, pull up loop sc around the entire brim and base of hat. finish off and weave in tail
1. Ch 25.
2. Ch 2, dc in each. ch 1 and sc around edge of last dc. Finish off and leave a long tail to sew onto hat.
Add a button on each side if you would like and you are finished!!
Below are some pictures to help explain where to put the stitch markers.
I hope the pictures help! Let me know if you have any questions!!